Penelope V3 - First impressions.

I received some Vape-mail today which I had no idea was coming so it was a very pleasant surprise. What was delivered is what you see below, the Penelope V3. I am a big fan of the original Penelope V1 and the V2. I still use mine now and then, especially on my Stealth for short trips out. It is a great little atomizer that can compete with the best. Here's my quick rundown on the V3.

Changes

The Penelope V3 has been given an update along the same lines as the Ithaka upgrade. The internal connections are now the same as the Ithaka upgrade, allowing coil building without the need for no res wire. As with the V2 before it, the GG wings are now on the base rather than on the main tube of the tank, on the opposite side of the wings is the serial number. I think the plain tube looks really nice, the more subtle logo is much cooler.


Apart from the internals the design is very similar to the Penelope V1. This makes a lot of the parts compatible, therefore giving you more spares if you ever need them.


There are a few changes with the connection. It features a shorter, adjustable positive pin and air flow holes.


The connection for the coil wire is the same as Ithaka design. The housing has a slightly larger cutout for wick/cotton. I've been using cotton for a while now and I can see those cutouts helping to keep the cotton wet.


 Building a coil is very simple and takes a lot less time. Another big advantage for me is I can use the Dripper part from my Oddy to make a rebuildable dripper that is around the same size as a AA battery.



Conclusion

Overall I think this is one of the coolest Golden Greek tanks Imeo has made. The Penelope is now even better than it was. I love the small size, ease of use and the stylish look of it. If you get the chance to buy one I'd say it would be a good investment. 

The Penelope V3 is a fantastic bit of kit, it's simple as that.


0 comments :

Post a Comment