317L Stainless Steel Resistance Wire

I recently ordered myself some resistance wire as I wanted to try a thicker gauge than I normally use. The wire I have been using is Kanthal ribbon wire and although I get good results from it I fancied a change. As usual I ordered from the Vape Mesh Company as I find their price and quality very good. The 317L wire is a nice thick gauge and is soft enough to keep it's shape when winding coils.


In researching the wire before I bought it I found some controversy comparing it to the much higher priced Gplat wire. I got 25 meters/82 feet of 317L for £3.49/$5.48, for 4.57 meters/15ft of Gplat it costs £8.62/$13.50. I am not saying the wires are the same composition but there are numerous threads in online forums comparing the two. The prices are certainly very different.

Anyway, since receiving the 317L I have been able to make a few really good coils, a lot better than the Kanthal coils I had been used to making. The wire is so easy to work with I am actually enjoying making coils a lot more and the flavour is as good as any other wire I've used. I recommend this wire if you haven't tried it before.

I have been in touch with the Vape Mesh Company to see if there is any chance of them stocking Titanium wire too. If I hear anything back from them I'll update this thread. Titanium and Stainless steel are the only wires that will work with the upcoming VIR/Proteus so I'm eager to secure a source for these wire types.

If you want to try this wire you can find it at the following link.

317L Stainless Steel










4 comments :

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.



<a href="http://wiresandwicks.com/index.php/product-category/wire/kanthalwire/>buy kanthal wire</a>Find the best selection of kanthal wire at WiresandWicks.com. We are Source of cheap and high quality kanthal products.

Post a Comment