My Vape-anniversary

Yesterday I celebrated reaching the milestone of four years without cigarettes. For those who like to see statistics it means around 29200 cigarettes avoided and somewhere in the region of £8760 saved, based on an average of £6 a pack of 20. When I first started vaping I used a cig-a-like that cost me £10 I think, it performed terribly but from my first try I was hooked. I soon upgraded to an Ego that I used whilst saving up for my first GG, the GGTB. That was my first true mod and I loved it.

Brass 510 GGTB with extra 901 cap
These were the days of dripping on 510 and 901 atomisers, something I loved doing and not a world away from current trends. I have since sold the GGTB, but it was in constant use from the day I got it to the day I regrettably let it go. I also had the original iAtty which I swapped for the Oddy Upgrade Kit. These are the only two GG items I have let go, I'm keeping all the rest, even if I don't use them. I couldn't bear to part with anything else.

I have seen a lot of changes over the years. The range of devices and e liquids has increased massively along with the number of users. There are numerous places to buy your vaping supplies online and in local shops. There has been the growing influx of clones from China, good or bad it has changed the way people vape. Box mods, mechanical, VV, VW, etc, etc are within the reach of nearly everyone now. Vaping has become a lot more serious and a huge industry.

One thing that hasn't changed for me is my love of Golden Greek products. I really appreciate Imeo's attention to detail and his constant drive to give the best he can. This can be demonstrated with VIR and Imeo's push to make vaping a safer experience for all. Proteus with VIR is set to be a big change in our vaping experience, something that a lot of people have been looking forward to for a long time.

GG Esterigon and GG4S

During my vaping journey, Golden Greek products have been among the most highly valued and prized mods on the market. Demand still outweighs supply despite all attempts to remedy this. Without Imeo growing to use industrial size workshops this is a pain we will all have to bear for a while. As I have said in the past though, the fact that GG's are sometimes hard to secure is part of the appeal for me. The stuff Imeo makes get's better every year and I attribute a lot of my success in staying off cigarettes to the fun I've had being a GG user.

Anyway, the last four years without smoking have been great for me. I feel healthier, I don't miss the smell, stained fingers and stress of smoking. Vaping is more than a replacement for smoking to me. It's a hobby that I love and I don't see that changing any time soon. I have no desire to stop, nor even to lower my Nicotine level. I am content to use Nicotine in this form and hope to do so for as long as I can.

It must be said that, as it was when I first started vaping, we are still at a point where the future of vaping is uncertain. I really hope that in another four years I will still be happily vaping. I hope that the powers that be see sense and recognise vaping as part of the biggest change smokers can make to their health. I hope to touch more on this line of thought in a future post. For now I am happy to have stayed the course and proud to be four years smoke free.












2 comments :

Congratulations !!!

I liked very much the article :)

Time goes by very fast, 5 years and two months since I quit smoking and started to vape.

Thanks Ariel, you have me beat with 5 years! Congrats to you too.

Post a Comment