Stay Battery Safe - A warning for everyone

Before I get started I have to hold my hands up and admit to having had an accident with a battery a while ago. I stripped the wrapping off of one trying to force it into a tube, resulting in a nice burn on my hand. Lesson learned, thankfully a very minor incident.



Unfortunately I read today of a much more serious case, the first reported death due (indirectly you could say) to e cigs. You can read more about it yourself here. This was allegedly due to another case of using the wrong charger. It's not the first time I've heard of an accident involving the wrong charger and this is the second time I've heard of an oxygen cylinder being involved. Obviously, however this was caused, a man lost his life and I find that very sad.

In case you don't know, some basic safety tips are -

  • Always charge them with the correct charger
  • Charge batteries in an appropriate place
  • Never overcharge, if that's possible with your battery
  • Know your limits if you are stacking batteries, discharge evenly
  • Read the instructions that came with your battery and stick to them
  • And so on.....
These are all really obvious and simple things we should all be doing. I'm quite sure I don't need to say this but please, please be careful when charging and using your batteries. Accidents do happen but they are preventable with a little bit of care.

Ok sermon over, stay safe.

0 comments :

Post a Comment