Another serious e-cig accident

I read recently about an e-cig explosion that injured a man at home. I assumed it was another faulty charger story and didn't look any further into it. Today I noticed the story on my feed giving more details.



Apparently it was a tube mod and after reading more it would appear it was the same type of mod that exploded at Vape Blast 2014 (Unfortunate title). I won't name the mod here but you can find all the details in the original article linked at the end of this post.

I'm not sure about the accuracy of the reporting when it states the mod 'nearly tore off his legs' but I wasn't there so it may be true. Interestingly it says the shop that sold the device blamed the batteries, which I think I'm right in saying were 26650's. Obviously these are big batteries and not the sort of battery you want to go wrong whilst using one. Whatever the cause I wish the unlucky user a speedy recovery.

All this brings into question the gamble you take when buying some products. It is also a warning bell that should not be ignored. I've seen the video of the cloud chaser and his towel wrapped mod. I've read numerous stories about accidents with chargers. I've even written a post about a loss of life related to e-cig use. We really do need to be getting on top of e-cig safety before the powers that be do it for us.

I feel confident that by using a GG and being safety aware I have a greater chance of avoiding incidents like the ones above. Add to this the increased functionality of the incoming VIR and it's easy to see that Imeo is correct in bringing out a device based on user safety. That's one thing I really appreciate with Imeo, safety is not an afterthought, it is part of the design.

Whatever mod/ecig you use please, please stay safe.

Original article - Smokers legs nearly blown off by exploding e-cigarette




1 comments :

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment