Cloud Chasing Revisited

Since I last wrote about cloud chasing I have been doing a lot of research and experimenting. I said previously that I shouldn't knock something until I tried it. Well I've tried it and......it's very addictive. I had got a monster of a mod from my wife as a gift, you can see it below. It's a Dreadnaught clone, I know - I know, don't shoot me. Anyway I've been trying sub ohm builds on it as it's built like a tank, if anything went wrong it wouldn't be one of my GG's that got wrecked.


The first thing that surprised me was how easy it is to get nice thick, clouds of vapour. Dropping under my usual 1 ohm limit produced immediate results. Nothing competition worthy but satisfying none the less. I began running two set ups, Dreadnaught sub ohm and GG with Ithaka around 1ohm. Both have their advantages but I preferred the GG as it was giving more flavour. And less of a strain on my arms, that Dreadnaught is HEAVY!

What I needed was something in between the two set ups, a nice small GG capable of some good sub ohm builds that could take a small dripper on top. I know if I really wanted to I could do a sub ohm build on any of the tanks I have but I would rather use something with a three post set up. Anyway along came the GG4S, the answer to my problem. It really is a fantastic mod, the more I look at it and use it, the more I love it.

I have a Dark Horse dripper that fits perfectly on the GG4S so I was ready to try some GG sub ohming. My results are total awesomeness. Huge clouds, great flavour and at the same time a very good looking mod. It is amazing how something so small performs so well. I have been alternating between lung hits and mouth to lung and found I enjoy both equally. I never thought trying sub ohm builds could change my vaping experience so much.

I was wrong about cloud chasing, it's a culture all of it's own and one that I judged wrongly. Cloud chasing is not for everyone but it offers a great addition to the vaping community. It is very much to do with being cool and sometimes even sexy. Another big part of it is fun. It's enjoyable and there's an exciting edge to it. I've found so many new vapers, shops and different mods I've never seen before. It has been a revelation.

I'm learning more as I go along but wanted to share my experience so far with you. I'm on a bit of a cloud chasing high at the moment and this GG4S with a Dark Horse is really blowing me away. If you get a chance try it out, it's an awesome set up.

One last thing. A quick reminder that I have some clothing for sale over at 160GEAR. I'm the sort of person who hates to promote my own stuff but the search engine for Spreadshirt doesn't bring my shop up. I think it's invisible. If you need some new vaping threads visit the shop by clicking the picture below. Thanks!
























0 comments :

Post a Comment